Careers at Cala Medical
Senior Research Scientist
Cala Medical is looking for a senior research scientist to lead the development of its blood purification cartridge that works on specific immune modulators. The ideal candidate has comprehensive knowledge in protein biology and can work independently, methodically and has strong problem solving and analytical skills.
Preferred expertise in two or more of these areas:
• Protein expression in bacterial systems
• Protein purification including standard FPLC based chromatography methods (affinity, ion exchange, gel filtration).
• Analytical methods including ELISA, MS, UV/Vis, CD spectropolarimetry, enzyme kinetics, Western Blots
• Receptor-ligand interaction characterization
• Immunology and tissue culture skills
• Experience with aseptic techniques
• Protein labelling/coupling chemistry
• HPLC of peptides
Minimum Requirements: Masters in life science with 2 years of experience in an industry lab setting or PhD in life science. Years of expertise in relevant fields will be considered in lieu of degrees.
Please forward CV or general questions to: email@example.com